Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
M.S., Power Mechanical Engineering, National Tsing Hwa University, Taiwan
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Professor, National Formosa University August 2004-Present
Vice President, National Formosa University Feb 2012-July 2013
Dean of Office of Academic Affairs, National Formosa University Aug. 2008-July 2012
Dean of Center of Teaching and Learning Development, National Formosa University August 2008-July 2013
Director of Institute of Mechanical and Electro-Mechanical Engineering, National Formosa University Feb. 2007-Jan. 2010
Chair of Department of Power Mechanical Engineering, National Formosa University Aug. 2005-July 2007
Given the university’s outstanding performance over the years, the impact of the educational environment, and higher education's social expectations, it is necessary to shape new university characteristics and solidify the practical teaching and industry connections. Therefore, we apply the concept of i-Best (innovation, Base, environment, student, teacher) to expand the advantages of the university and fulfil its social responsibilities. To implement the above ideas, the following goals are proposed:
- Having distinctive areas rooted; cultivating cross-field talents.
- Excellent performance of university management and financial aid for students; flipping generations with future employment and entrepreneurship.
- International exchanges to expand students' horizons; teachers and students enhance their professional knowledge and research ability.
- Innovative and practical industry-academy cooperation; growing together with the industries.
- Putting into practice the university's social responsibility; molding the high-quality image of the university.
Through i-Best innovative industry-academy campus, we form the five significant facets of development, trying to implement smart campus and smart learning. The project is explained based on the innovation facet, Base facet, environment facet, student facet, and teacher facet.
- Innovation: digital transformation thinking is promoted to enhance the career development of our faculty and staff. Furthermore, we apply an innovative curriculum learning system and lay out the school’s direction of development in a precise way to conform with society's pulse and enhance the efficiency of this university’s public services.
- Basic characteristics (Base): we establish the fields featured by this university, and implement this university’s social responsibilities. Besides, we generalize the employability and customize industrial training. We also formulate a mechanism which can enhance the efficacy of campus team. We upgrade the service of industrial enterprises, improve campus administration, expand international exchanges, and establish the brand of National Formosa University.
- Environment: we optimize software and hardware facilities on campus and apply new technology to serve teachers and students. Furthermore, we establish a smart campus environment, and an innovation base for industry clusters. The connection of basic teaching is industrially customizing. We demonstrate the edge of the campus near the High Speed Rail, increasing the opportunities for cooperation between industry, government, academy, research and this university.
- Student: a counselling mechanism is drawn up for the stages from enrollment to employment. We try to advance the National Formosa University to be the arts and culture campus and implement an all‑around education. Also, we activate the interaction between alumni and this university. We help economically and culturally disadvantaged students. We try to flip the new generation by establishing a learning benchmark for students and offering the society the opportunity for positive change.
- Teacher: We expand teachers' career, providing rewards and encouragement mechanisms of multiple channels. We also refine the teaching abilities of teachers and optimize the allocation of the teaching workforce. In that case, it will balance the development opportunities for the featured field of each department. Finally, we encourage teachers to participate in the industry-academy cooperation and strive for critical national development plans. We promote cross-school and international cooperation and pragmatic exchanges.